Esk'etemc Community Support Services
Hours of Operation: Mon - Thurs, 8am -5pm
- Family Support - The family support team is here to assist through healing circles and family group conferences. The team works with the community and leadership in providing safe living situations for all Esk'etemc families and children.
- Justice - The justice worker assist with safety concerns for the community, and works with community members to advocate and provide support during court proceedings.
- Social Assistance - The social assistance dept works in collaboration with other departments: EcDev, Family Support, Justice, Housing and Health, to promote and support social programs and services.
- Employment & Training/Economic Development - The EcDev team assists community members with employment services, help with resumes and job search. They create and coordinate training and workshops to better equip community members with employable skills. The EcDev team coordinates creative & cultural projects, is involved in the developing of skilled trades workers, the community garden, and strategic planning for sustainable community economic development.
- Community Radio - Our radio host, Corrine Johnson is on the air at 96.1FM, between 10am - 2pm, Mon - Thurs. She shares announcements, community happenings, music and more.
Caprice Billyboy Family Support Worker - email@example.com
David O. Johnson Justice Worker firstname.lastname@example.org
Beatrice Anthony Social Assistance Manager - email@example.com
Bettina Johnson EAS/EcDev Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley George EcDev Assistant - email@example.com
Corrine Johnson Radio Host - firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Projects out of the EcDev office
Canvas Art Project - July 2018 - with Clayton Gauthier (Dakelh artist), paintings by Jacinta Sampson, Linda Sampson, Jahpa Belleau, Olivia Johnson, Leona Belleau
NVIT Bridging to Trades - Apr 9 - Jun 29, 2018
a 12-week introductory trades course in-community, incl 2 weeks foundational training each in: welding, plumbing, electrical, machining, essential skills/employment readiness -
our graduates: Amanda Dan, Phillip Robbins Jr, Crystal Peters, Chris Chelsea, Justin Johnson, Nicole Samson, Dean Chelsea, Tikkeon Grinder, Edward Dick